Sunday 5 August 2007

Our trip to Nottingham

This post is a bit late!

Was a lovely one. We went away for a few days this weekend for a bit of r&r.

Hotel - QHotels - We'd never heard of them until I came across what appeared to be a cracking deal on a website I simply fell upon - activehotels.com (I would recommend this website, it gave us a much better deal than expedia would have). Back to the hotel, it was fab, gorgeous, comfy, friendly. I haven't a bad word to say about them at all. Room was very spacious, very modern, bed was very comfy & the bed linen lovely & soft. The bathroom was also spacious - a bath with shower over and a stand alone shower. It gets a full 5 stars from me.

Nottingham - it was surprisingly large and very nice. We spent most of Saturday morning wandering around and came across a shop called Chocolate Utopia (they do mail orders!) where we sat in with a coffee and mocha and sampled some of their delightful chocolates. Mmmm. We came away with a milk chocolate bar & small dark chocolate bar for us and a dark chocolate bar for a gift. Including the chocolates & coffees I think we spent about £8 in there - much better value for money than Hotel Chocolat (which is where we were going to buy the gift) & just as delicious.

The first night we ate at the hotel which was tatsy. We had taken up a bottle of champagne as it was our official 'getting together' anniversary. Very nice.

On the second evening we went to the Hard Rock Cafe! Not our usual dining experience but we'd never been to one and finding myself with the chance to sample some of Joe Perrys Mango-Peach Tango hot sauce, how could I resist?

The grub was your usual American fare & being a fussy meat eater I nearly always choose the veggie options - I did however, have to have the Chicken Quesadilla to sample Joe Perrys sauce.
The dish consisted of chicken & pineapple (of which I'm not a big fan) - but I have to say I actually quite enjoyed it. For the main the only veggie option was a burger. It was huge, even by my mammoth portions and I never seen so much cheese!
Again it was tasty but I actually think I enjoyed the Quesadilla slightly better. Washed down with two glasses of wine I was a happy but very full bunny.
Mr C's Burger & Chips
Coming back home on the Sunday we took the scenic route via Bakewell & picked up some of their traditional puddings. Mmmmmm.

Here's some other pics from our weekend...

Robin Hood

The Ducks enjoying the warm sunshine in Bakewell

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I met my husband in Nottingham - many moons ago! I love Nottingham and haven't been there for a few years now and so it was good to read about it.