Thanks has to go to the lovely Jules at Trainee Domestic Goddess for firstly, finding this chocolate guinnessness that Hubby adores and secondly for converting the recipe from US to good old English measures.
I made the brownies yesterday & apart from them needing some chunky texture next time, they came out just as I had hoped.
I also bought a brand new silicone baking tin - its very flexible and I was slightly worried that when I picked it up full of runny mixture it would invert & land on the kitchen floor - but I was careful with my handling & it did the job very well indeed.
5oz caster sugar
12oz of various chocolate - dark & milk
2.5 oz unsalted butter
4 oz plain flour
2 tsp cocoa
1) Preheat oven to 190oc and line 8 inch square baking pan with baking parchment.
2) Combine eggs and sugar. On a medium heat melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Allow to cool for about 3 mins.
3) Beat chocolate mix into egg mix. Sift in flour and cocoa. Beat until well combined.
4) Whisk in Guinness, then pour into pan. Bake for 25 min until a skewer comes out just abour clean. It will continue to cook slightly after being taken out of oven.
5) Cool on rack, then dust in icing sugar and cut into 16 squares.