Saturday 18 August 2007

Creamy Chicken Pie

I've been wanting to make a pie for so long now, but as I don't cook much meat I've kind of put it off and my new Nigella pie dish has been patiently waiting in the cupboard.

Well last night we where in Tesco & I picked up Olive magazine and some corn fed chicken breasts. And it just so happened Olive contained the kind of pie recipe I've been craving.

Recipe
Chicken breasts
8 shallots - 6 whole, 2 sliced
100g creme fraiche
2 1/2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar - I'd probably use a touch less next time
75 ml white wine
Small bunch chopped tarragon
1/2 teaspoon cornflour mixed with 1/2 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon olive oil
Ready rolled puff pastry

1. Heat oil in pan
2. Cut chicken into chunks & brown in heated oil
3. Once brown remove chicken & add all the shallots and cook for 8 minutes
4. Add vinegar & cook until reduced by half
5. Add chicken, wine, creme fraiche, tarragon & cornflour mixture - cook for 5 minutes
6. Add mixture to pie dish & cover with puff pastry (cut to just larger than the pie dish)
7. Cook for 25-30 minutes on 180°c
8. Let pie cool for 5 minutes before serving

Enjoy

2 comments:

Jules said...

Oh, that looks yummy!

HooYah! said...

Erm.... Be really nice if you specified the amount of chicken breasts and potential portions.....helpful...even....