Sunday 20 May 2007

Bushed

Thats what we are. Absolutely bushed.

From the piccy I very quickly posted last night (from the Radio 1 website) you probably know we spent most of yesterday in Preston at the Big Weekend.

We were out at 9am as parking was on a first come, first served basis so via a petrol stop, a little breakfast break & a slight de-tour we got to Preston at about 11am. We parked in the college car park and took the park & ride service to Moor Park. We stood in the queue for about half an hour before gates were opened & we got in. The first band we saw were the Pigeon Detectives in the In New Music We Trust tent - they were very good, energetic & I would pay to go & see them again should they play near home sometime.

We then wandered around & waited to see The Fratellis who, as usual, played a great set. My only complaints at this stage in the day were that 1 - I have not been in such a 'smoky' atmosphere for years, everyone seemed to be blowing smoke our way, eugh. And, 2 - some people are soooooooo darn cheeky. We waited for 30+ mins in situ to see The Fratellis & we were by no means close to the stage yet for the full set people were forcing their way past, knocking me off my feet to get forward into the crowd that was jam packed full. Grrrrrr.

Anyway, annoyances aside, we went on to watch some of The Gossip, Hubby likes them but I have to say I am not that keen. A bit of LCD Soundsystem, again Hubby likes them but I dont see the fuss really. I mean they are not offensive, maybe its just not quite me.

We caught half of the Kasabian set which was enjoyable. Not a band I have listened to much but the songs were ones you just kind of know. We heard some of Razorlight too but am not really a fan of them either!

We decided to leave before the Scissor Sisters as they were playing the main tent and we would not have seen them and we weren't prepared to be squashed alive again so we headed off home.

After getting back at about half nine we got a call for duty at the Zoes Place midnight walk - we had offered to be reserve stewards, so at 11pm we headed back out to Liverpool to marshall the near 400 walkers. I think we got home & went straight to bed at 4am.

So, yes. We are absolutely bushed.

No comments: