Sunday 26 August 2007

Homemade Guacamole

Yesterday we picked up some tuna steaks for dinner and whilst we were in the supermarket we picked up some chillies, lime, lemons and avocado.

So I marinated the tuna in some chilli, lime juice & a dash of olive oil. And whilst that was sitting in the fridge I tried my hand at guacamole. Mr C has a strange relationship avocados as he doesn't like them, the taste or texture - unless its guacamole? Anyhow, I mashed down 1 1/2 avocado, added some chopped chilli & garlic, the juice of 1/2 a lemon and then seasoned with a little salt & pepper. After a few tastings & a few more drops of lemon juice I think it worked quite well. So after leaving it to infuse in the fridge I served it up with a tuna steak, a jacket potato and some salad.

We both enjoyed it and the Maris Piper potatoes were so soft and fluffy. Delicious with a slice of butter melted in.

No comments: