Sunday 13 May 2007

A big shop

We've been to Tesco today for our weekly shop - the first we have done for a while as we have been living on the contents of the cupboards & freezer with the odd shop here & there. This means that last week I only made a few proper dinners - a feta salad cous cous & another fiorentina pizza.
This week I intend on cooking every night and I am determined to take part in my first 'bag weekly challenge - this weeks ingredient is asparagus. Especially since we got 2 bundles of asparagus in Tesco for 10p each.

Here is our vegetable haul for the week:
Most of that veg is now cooking in the oven as batch cooking commences with a large batch of ratatouille (2 peppers, 1 red onion, 2 courgettes, aubergine, tomatoes & one bunch of asparagus).
Tonight I will make a chilli as Hubbys sister is coming over for tea.

Monday we will probably have round one of the ratatouille with some cous cous.

Tuesday will be a lentil bake (must remember to wash the lentils).

Wednesday I aim to make a quiche with the other bunch of asparagus.

Thursday I will use some more ratatouille to make a pasta bake with some mozzarella & olives

Friday we will probably have the left over chilli.

On Saturday we will probably eat out as Hubby won us two tickets to the Radio One Big Weekend next Saturday in Preston - hmmmm I could make us a picnic.... will have to get my thinking cap on there!!

Anyway, I will try & report back mid week with some pics seeing as I have been a bit absent recently.

No comments: