For mains I cooked something that was on my To Do list - Spicy Chicken with Aubergine and Naans:
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1/2 lime, juice only
salt and pepper
2 chicken breasts, boned, skinned, halved horizontally and flattened slightly
1 small aubergine, sliced horizontally into eight
Natural low fat yoghurt (we used a small pot)
1in piece cucumber, diced
1/2 tsp mint, chopped
4 mini naan breads (or 2 normal sized)
lime wedges to garnish
1. To make the marinade, combine the oil, cumin, ground coriander, ginger, chopped coriander, lime juice, salt and pepper.
2. Pour the marinade over the chicken and chill for 15 minutes (though I left for about an hour)
3. Brush the aubergine with oil, season and grill on both sides until golden.
4. Grill the chicken for about 12 minutes until golden. Slice into pieces.
5. Make the dressing by mixing the yoghurt, cucumber, mint and seasoning.
6. Warm the naan and layer the aubergine, chicken pieces and yoghurt dressing on top.
7. Garnish with coriander and lime wedges (if you remember before you eat!!)